What you'll be doing:
This is a client facing role responsible for supporting a global sales team, whereby the successful candidate will be required to perform at a highly technical level. You'll provide the sales team with consultation and information to assist in closing deals whilst they maintain overall Technical Design Authority.
Specifically, you will be leading on:
- Creating and proposing high-level design documentation for internal and external audiences
- Maintaining skills and knowledge in multiple areas, primarily focussed on storage
- Handling some/all technical aspects of sales opportunities, working closely with the account managers and other areas of the business (professional services, project management, finance)
- Develop new service offerings based around new/existing products and/or features
- Research and investigatory work around definition of solutions for customers
- Presentation of technical proposals
- Define and deliver web-based presentations to customers and prospects
- Identify other opportunities to extend company services into customers
- Provide knowledge transfer to technical and sales members of the team, essentially the SME
- Maintain vendor accreditations with IBM and other 3rd parties as required
Your experience and skills:
- Advanced understanding of modern IT storage technologies and solutions
- Tivoli Storage Manager/IBM Spectrum Protect v7.1.x (other comparable products considered)
- IBM Entry-level, Midrange and Enterprise Storage products (other comparable products considered)
- Excellent verbal, written and documentation skills
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- 4+ years’ experience in a commercially technical role (Presales) for a Systems Integrator or IT Managed Services provider
- Experience in design and delivering solutions using one or more of the following – IBM Softlayer, AWS or Microsoft Azure
- Highly self-motivated, ability to self-study.
This is a great chance to join a highly successful tech company - one that values its employees and offers exceptional opportunities for career growth and personal development.