The primary purpose of this role is to lead the development of the company's product range, ensuring that products allow the company to maintain its competitive advantage in a dynamic market.
- Conduct regular reviews of the market / competition, gaining a thorough knowledge of competitor product ranges and market trends.
- Initiate development and improvement projects to existing product range.
- Review all the technical aspects of the manufacturing process and be aware of any issues.
- Provide technical support to production, administration, sales and marketing.
- Work with all departments within the business and provide technical support to improve on product and service to customers.
- Test all products before release to market, ensuring compliance with relevant quality standards.
- Have an overall understanding of quality checks throughout the manufacturing process and ensure standards are being maintained and kept up to date.
- Investigate new machinery and equipment with a view to introducing efficiencies in the manufacturing process.
- Provide CAD drawings to production as and when required.
- Provide technical support on product information to customers when required.
- Qualified / experienced in CAD
- Good comprehension of technical drawings
- In depth knowledge of the window / door manufacturing sector
- Significant product development experience
- Strong understanding of the technical processes in door / window manufacturing
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company with significant plans for growth - one that can offer strong prospects for career growth and personal development.