To develop our customer's expanding range of furniture solutions for the healthcare market in line with the Company’s vision and strategic goals. It is our vision to create outstanding products that will improve the lives of both caring staff and patients.
The role will involve designing and developing new products and also improving existing products. This will include market research with the your colleagues and with leading UK hospitals, and managing projects from concept design through to final drawings and manufacture to a very high standard.
What you'll be doing:
- Design and development of new and existing products as agreed by the Management Team
- Develop and maintain Master Project Plan for all products under development, including budgets
- Visit hospitals, meeting staff, patients and visitors to understand their furniture requirements and how innovative products will improve their environments, ensuring that Talent365's customer's solutions are at the fore of sustainable, innovative products for the healthcare market.
- Desktop research and supplier visits to select suitable materials, components and best manufacturing solutions that reduce our impact on the planet while exceeding performance of competitors products.
- Use of CAD design software and 3D printing to assist with development of ideas and presentation to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Arranging prototyping, testing and compliance for all products, seeking ways to commercialise new industry standards to gain market position as the leader in healthcare furniture and equipment
- Responsible for IP and design protection, where relevant
- Preparation of annual R & D Tax Credit report
- Alignment with our customer's Core Values
- Work to our customer's market proposition - the 6 ‘E’s – Ergonomic, Efficient, Easy, Equality, Economic and Environment
- Degree in Engineering or Industrial Design
- Previous experience in Product Design and Project Management
- Experience in IP and design protection
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills