The Payroll Manager will be responsible for leading and managing team members to achieve the delivery of Payroll service excellence.
As a PEOPLE COACH - you will have the skills and ability to demonstrate that you can:
- Show clear Vision and Purpose and inspire teams and colleagues to organize themselves in an agile way in order to reach targets. The ability also to push (operational) decisions to the team.
- Create an environment where teams and colleagues are inspired to embrace change and take ownership. The ability also to attract and coach individuals that show disruptive thinking, in order to stimulate experimentation and innovation.
- Share leadership responsibilities within the team based on individual’s talents. The ability also to coach each colleague in discovering and developing their talent in an environment of continuous learning.
- Responsible for ensuring their team members are skilled (and supported) to the appropriate levels necessary to perform their roles effectively by coaching and ensuring the facilities within the business are best used to maintain their team’s development of Payroll, product and customer service excellence.
- To undertake regular personal reviews and to assist the Team Members in the completion of their Personal Development Plans and skills assessments so that they can provide a more complete Payroll service to the customers.
- Hold regular, structured team meetings encouraging team participation throughout with particular focus on Quality, Engagement, Quarterly Net Promoter approach and Monthly Pulse survey
- Build & Maintain a relationship with their customers which assists retention and drives improvements in NPS
- Actively promote and share the key company strategies and messages from the Senior Leadership Team, delivering and driving them positively and appropriately through their teams
- Establish and maintain a quality culture within the team, ensuring that documented processes and procedures are understood and followed ensuring ISAE3402 compliance
- Sufficiently developed / confident to support and deputise as and when necessary for the Service Delivery Manager
- Any other appropriate duties as required
Our Customer's Expectations:
Thinking and Acting Outside In
- Translates Vision and Purpose in an inspiring and engaging way into the teams.
- Encourages and makes sure direct managers and colleagues translate the Vision and purpose into team targets.
- Encourages and makes sure teams take full ownership in designing, running and changing business processes in order to reach the target.
- Shows great agility and optimism while dealing with ambiguous challenges and problems.
- Translates disruptive strategic change in an inspiring, meaningful and positive way to direct team(s) and motivates team(s) and their managers to actively take ownership in the change process.
- Inspires managers and colleagues to cope with changes across the boundaries of the team.
- Displays behaviour of authentic self-aware leadership and follows up that his managers act upon the same.
- Encourages all colleagues in using personal leadership strengths in taking ownership and leadership in the team while reaching targets.
- Coaches colleagues in using their talents and potential in taking ownership and leadership in and across the teams.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current Payroll Legislation
- Demonstrates competency in the delivery of quality Payroll Services
- Demonstrates competency in the ability to manage the performance of people delivering Payroll Services
- Demonstrates competency and flexibility in their approach to client management.
- Demonstrates competency in their ability to effectively run meetings and, share and promote company information and strategies
- Demonstrable written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of PC literacy including the Microsoft Office suite
- A visible commitment to quality processes and the ability, through their team, to drive efficiency projects to successful conclusions
- Coaching / mentoring experience in a customer services environment is desirable but not essential
- Commitment to learning, i.e. CIPP, ATT (any relevant qualification)
- Experience and participation in employee engagement programmes
- Experience of participating in change management programmes
This is an exceptional chance to join a company with ambitious plans for growth, one that offers great opportunities for careers growth and personal development.