The System Support Engineer plays a vital client facing role providing 1st and 2nd Level technical support for IBM Spectrum Protect / Spectrum Protect Plus, IBM storage hardware and IBM storage software solutions.
What you'll be doing:
- Support the business in achieving its revenue and margin targets
- Support the business in achieving its customer satisfaction objectives
- Promote internally and externally the company strategy at every opportunity
- Drive effective use of the company support portal for both employees and customers
- Maintain vendor accreditations
- Training will be provided both internally and externally
- Providing remote support for both reactive and proactive support contracts mainly to UK customers but also globally
- Taking ownership of incidents and managing them in a logical and methodical manner
- Ensuring all incidents are progressed & cleared within SLA – escalating to other internal and external teams as appropriate
- Communicating to customers at various levels, maintaining strong relationships and ensuring the highest level of customer service is always reached
- Finding and driving new opportunities through to completion
- Provide ad hoc onsite consultancy as and when the consultancy services team require.
- Extensive IBM Spectrum Protect knowledge
- Good knowledge of IBM Storage offerings
- Minimum 2 years’ experience on 1st or 2nd Line support team
- Must be able to demonstrate a customer first approach to support
- Ability to liaise and communicate confidently and professionally with customer representatives at all levels
- Natural aptitude for trouble shooting & problem solving with an enthusiastic and proactive approach
- Highly organised and able to work on own initiative to complete the range of tasks required
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company that has an inclusive culture - one that really invests in the career development and personal growth of their colleagues.