The main aim of this role is to define the company's product strategy and roadmap, ensuring the product portfolio remains at the cutting edge of solutions on offer in its market and contributes effectively to the company's ambitious revenue and profitability growth targets.
Key duties will include:
- Ensuring solutions remain market leading and capable of supporting new customer requirements
- Manging the Developers in the UK based R&D Lab to build out new proof of concept ideas and then test these on the market
- Working with the offshore developer teams to ensure new features and ideas that move past proof of concept are developed on time and to the right level of quality
- Support the Technology Director and Customer Success officer with all required operational readiness for new releases
- Working within a DevOps methodology and ensuring we practice Continuous Delivery
- To act as thought leader and external ambassador for the company through social and face to face channels such as events
- Ensure we stay abreast (and ahead) of market developments in the area of data protection
- Promote the core strategy at every opportunity
- Support the business in achieving its revenue and margin targets
- Support the business in achieving its customer satisfaction objectives
- Drive effective use of the portal for both employees and customers
- Ensure adherence to ISO27001 and ISO9001
To be considered for this role, you should possess:
- A strong track record of product delivery in a customer facing technology company
- Significant experience of working in an Agile development / project management environment
- The ability to work at pace in a fast moving environment
- Exceptional communication skills, particularly with regards to engaging with customers
- A strong commercial acumen, with the ability to build compelling business cases and prioritise effectively
- The ability to work with a small and cohesive team.
- Strong technical skills, knowledge of IBM Storage Software, Red Hat / other cloud native technologies and Unix (AIX or Linux) will be a particular advantage.
- Experience of disaster recovery / business continuity planning
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a company at an exciting stage in its development, in a role that can offer considerable opportunities to shape the future direction of the company, combined with significant scope for personal and professional growth.